Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Inspire: God-given Dream

When you partake in your God-given dream, life becomes more fulfilling and your destiny begins to unfold. Believe that as you do your part God is working behind the scenes on your behalf. He will line you up with the right people, resources, and opportunities at each intersection of your journey.
If your God-given dream begins to look like a nightmare, do not abort the vision. Realize the enemy is against you. Opposition rises because you are getting closer to birthing what God desires to release through you. Take courage and keep pressing onwards as you rely on God each step of the way. 
Dare to become more than just a daydreamer! Step out in faith and give birth to the God-given dream within you.
You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.” (Genesis 50:20)
I had my devotion today about Joseph's dream. The text above is from the devotional I read and it moved me a lot.
Have you ever experienced having that dream so intense, so vivid, so pursuant of you? I am not talking about a dream from your sleep, but more of a goal, a desire that God has put in your heart.
I have experienced that I am now starting to live that dream.
I came from a family of coffee drinkers. My dad was born and raised in Batangas and has been introduced the lifestyle of drinking coffee at an early age. Coffee is a common passion we have.
Back in college, I have dreamed of having my own coffee shop. Fresh from college and into the work force, that dream still didn't die. I even attended a coffee workshop with my dad that same year. It was pushed into the side lines though, but that dream was still hidden deep in our hearts. Come the present time, 2012. My dad retired from his work and I quit my from my job, a job I had since I graduated from college. We needed to find a business where we can get our family income. We considered many things, even franchising a convenience store. But God lead us back to the coffee business.
Now, we have our own coffee shop, a dream come true for us.
It doesn't end there though. We are still experiencing many birth pains though. But when you are passionate about what you do and you have great faith in God, no matter what trials you face, you will get through it.
You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.” (Genesis 50:20)
What dream have you neglected in a long time? Pray about it. Perhaps its about time to live that dream.


No comments:

Post a Comment